Dear Parents/ Carers,
Thank you once again to those of you who completed and returned the Mathematic questionnaire. I have analysed the information received and would like to share with you some of the findings and the actions
taken so far as a result of these findings. 100% of parents/ carers agree or strongly agree that their child likes maths. 62.5% agree/ strongly agree that the maths their child learns is at just the right level of difficulty.
33% did not know if it was at the right level of difficulty. 8% disagreed that it was at the right level.
- CGP Maths work books have been purchased for each year group. These are for the
new national curriculum and are for follow up homework to support work children
have done in class.
- CGP Maths study books have been purchased for each child in Year 2 and Year 6 to
keep at home to help children in preparation for their SATS and help parents to help
support their child.
- CGP Maths study books have been purchased for years 3, 4 and 5 and pages will be
photocopied and sent home with the homework to support when necessary.
(Unfortunately, due to funding, we have not been able to purchase one for each child
but if you would like to purchase one of these study books to keep at home please
complete the slip below and we will be able to order one at a discounted price).
- 42% feel that they get good information from the school about how their child is doing in maths.
50% disagreed that they receive good information about how their child is doing in maths. 8% of
parents/careers did not know.
- Year group expectations and calculations policy sent home.
An additional mid-year parents evening will take place on Monday March 21st 3:30-
- The information sent out from school will help me help my child with their maths.
- I’m happy with the help.
- The school is doing ‘brilliant work with my child’.
- The balance and expectation is just right with plenty of time to complete the work.
- The homework tasks are well explained in class.
- An additional parent’s evening mid- year would help.
- I would like more consistency with homework and more clear instructions.
- My child has begun to enjoy maths and explains “It makes learning fun”.
I hope that the actions taken so far will support parents in their knowledge of how their child is doing in maths and also give parents additional support in helping their child.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact either myself or another member of staff.