School meals – will be week 2.
BLP next week – Reasoning
After School Club
Currently the club runs from 3:25 – 5:15, Monday to Thursday. Payment is broken into 4 sessions with each session costing £2.
Payment for the after school club will be required in advance or at the latest on the day (preferably in a named envelope). Envelopes are still available in the school office priced £1 for 50. Thank you.
Last week’s winner was Mrs Groves.
This draw is open to everyone all over the country; it would be wonderful if you could ask friends or family if they would like to join. As well as a guaranteed weekly school winner, there is also a chance of winning £25000 in the national draw every week. The more tickets we sell, the higher the prize money. If you have not yet bought your ticket, or your debit card payment has finished, the link to register is http://www.yourschoollottery.co.uk/lottery/school/altham-st-james-c-of-e-primary-school
For anyone joining this term there is a chance to win a family ticket to Warner Brothers, Harry Potter Studio’s Tour.
Please note, as this has turned out to be a major fundraiser in our school year, we have decided not to ask for the school funds anymore. Thank you.
Raffle tickets have been sent home; each family have been given 4 books. Tickets are 50p each or £2.50 per book. Due to the fantastic response more raffle tickets have been ordered, we will send a text when they are in school if you feel you are able to sell more. There are some fantastic prizes available, a list of the prizes so far is coming home with this letter. The draw will take place at the film night on 20th December. Thank you
REMINDER & THANKS
Church Christmas Café – starring our school choir – is being held tomorrow at the Arthur Wilson Centre on Pickup St, Clayton le Moors from 10am – 1 pm. There will be a raffle, a tombola, a toiletries stall and the café for your morning breakfast! Our school choir will be singing from 11-11:30am and school will be holding a chocolate tombola stall.
Thank you for all your donations of chocolates and sweets for non uniform today, once again you have all been extremely generous.
Beauty and the Beast
Letters went home last week with a permission slip attached, please sign and return the slip as soon as possible, or contact school office if you need another letter. Thank you.
Design a Christmas Card
Media Village are running a design a card competition. If you are one of the 3 winning designs your cards will be printed for free. 1st prize 250 cards, 2nd prize 100 cards, 3rd prize 50 cards. Please bring your design into school by 28th November in order for us to email them before the closing date. Thank you
Dates for your diary
- Saturday 24th November –TOMORROW – Church ‘Christmas Cafe’ – Arthur Wilson Centre Clayton le Moors 10-1, this will include our school choir and a chocolate tombola stall run by school
- Friday 7th December – Whole School Pantomime trip – Beauty & the Beast, Oswaldtwistle Civic Theatre
- Saturday 8th December – Altham Parish Council – Light switch on – inc school choir competition.
- Tuesday 11th December – Churches Together Carol Service
- Friday 14th December – Christmas dinner day & Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day
- Wednesday 19th December (pm) – Infant & Junior plays
- Thursday 20th December – Film night – more information to follow
- Friday 21st December – Breakfast with Santa 8:15am more information to follow
– Non uniform day
– School closes for the Christmas break at 1:30pm
- Monday 7th January 2019 – School reopens
If you would like this newsletter to be emailed to you, please let us have your preferred email address. Thank you.