Will be week 3.
BLP next week – Noticing
After School Club
Currently the club runs from 3:25 – 5:15, Monday to Thursday. Thank you to those who provided feedback about the club. Following this consultation, and in order to help us cover running costs, we will increase the cost of the club to £2.00 per half hour slot with effect from next Monday 12th November. Payment for the after school club will be required in advance or at the latest on the day (preferably in a named envelope). Envelopes are still available in the school office priced £1 for 50. Thank you.
School Lottery – Last week’s winner was Mrs Groves.
This draw is open to everyone all over the country; it would be wonderful if you could ask friends or family if they would like to join. As well as a guaranteed weekly school winner, there is also a chance of winning £25000 in the national draw every week. The more tickets we sell, the higher the prize money. If you have not yet bought your ticket, or your debit card payment has finished, the link to register is http://www.yourschoollottery.co.uk/lottery/school/altham-st-james-c-of-e-primary-school For anyone joining this term there is a chance to win a family ticket to Warner Brothers, Harry Potter Studio’s Tour.
Please note, as this has turned out to be a major fundraiser in our school year, we have decided not to ask for the school funds anymore. Thank you.
REMINDER -Toy & Book Fair
We need your good quality toys and books for the Toy and Book fair next Thursday 15th November from 3-4pm in the school hall. If you are able to help with donations of books, please bring in by close of school on Wednesday.
If you are unable to attend, but would like your child to be able to purchase books or toys, please send them in with spending money on the day.
Refreshments will be available for a small donation and there will be a couple of tables selling Christmas gifts. Thank you.
Raffle tickets have been ordered this week and once they arrive we will send each family 4 books. Tickets will be 50p each or £2.50 per book; if all tickets ordered are sold we will raise a massive £500 for our school. There are some fantastic prizes available and the draw will take place at the film night on 20th December.
School Emergency Plan
Following guidance from Lancashire, we have produced a school emergency plan which includes procedures for all emergency situations including lock-down. Just as we have fire drills, we will be sharing with the children what we would have to do in such a circumstance. We do not want to alarm or worry any children so will be doing this in an extremely sensitive manner but wanted to inform parents first.
British Legion Poppy Appeal
Thank you for all your support with the sale of poppies and poppy goods. We have raised approximately £57.50 for the charity.
Children in Need
Next Friday, 16th November is Children in Need Day, it will be a non uniform day with donations to this charity. If possible please wear something spotty or something linked to Children in Need, although we do not want anyone to go to any extra expense. Thank you
Scholastic Book Club Leaflets
Have been sent home this week, please return any orders along with payment by Friday 23rd November. Thank you.
Design A Cycle Helmet Competition
We have been asked to promote a competition for our junior
children to design a cycle helmet. The nationwide competition is being run by First4Lawyers and is backed by Huddersfield University, Brake & Lee White Design. The prize will be your helmet design 3D printed and a new bike in time for Christmas. Closing date is 23rd November but in order for us to send all designs off together, please return any entries to school by Monday 19 th November. Thank you.
Dates for your diary
- Thursday 15th November – Good quality toy and book sale 3-4pm with refreshments (donations of toys and books required as soon as possible)
- Friday 16th November – Children in Need non uniform, donations for this charity.
- Monday 19th November – Junior children Eggsplorers workshop in church – will need a packed lunch (please see separate letter)
- Tuesday 20th November – Year 3 to Accrington Stanley (more information to follow)
- Thursday 22nd November – Nasal Flu Vaccinations (Reception – Year 5)
- Friday 23rd November – Non uniform payment by chocolate/sweets please
- Saturday 24th November – Church ‘Christmas Cafe’ – Arthur Wilson Centre Clayton le Moors 10-1, this will include our school choir and a chocolate tombola stall run by school
- Friday 7th December – Whole School Pantomime trip – Beauty & the Beast, Oswaldtwistle Civic Theatre
- Saturday 8th December – Altham Parish Council – Light switch on – inc school choir competition.
- Tuesday 11th December – Churches Together Carol Service
- Friday 14th December – Christmas dinner day & Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day
- Wednesday 19th December (pm) – Infant & Junior plays
- Thursday 20th December – Film night – more information to follow
- Friday 21st December – Breakfast with Santa 8:15am more information to follow
– Non uniform day
– School closes for the Christmas break at 1:30pm
- Monday 7th January 2019 – School reopens
If you would like this newsletter to be emailed to you, please let us have your preferred email address. Thank you.