After the Easter break we will be on Week 1. The choices may vary a little from the menus due to limited deliveries over the break.
The new menu will start on week 2 on Monday 24th April, please return your menu choice sheet on the first day back after the break. Thank you.
Yesterday we found out that Abbey Street Shopping Centre in Accrington (tel 01254 382076) have the tartan uniform in stock, at more competative price than we have been given. Therefore we have advised School Trends that we will not be ordering the tartan from them and we ask that parents buy directly from Abbey Street. We will, for the time being, still order the poloshirts, sweatshirts and cardigans from School Trends.
Please contact Mrs Kenyon if you require any further information. Thank you.
Bag to School
Bags have been sent out this week for you to be having a tidy out over the Easter break. The items accepted are listed on the bags. If you fill this bag please just use a normal black bin bag, or there are plenty more in school if you can wait till we get back afetr the break. The collection will be on Tuesday 25th April. Thank you.
School Swimming (Juniors)
The juniors will start swimming on a Friday morning after the Easter break. The first lesson will be on 21st April. Please ensure your child has their swimming kit every Friday. Also, if you would like your child to be able to wear goggles, please complete the ‘goggles’ form, available in the school office.
Free School Meals
Is your child entitled to free school meals?
Are you aware funding for each child registered and entitled to FSM attracts a pupil premium of £1300 for school? This in turn could mean better resources and more teaching support for your child. If you require an application form ask at the office. Thank you.
Battery Recycling Competition.
To encourage the recycling of batteries every pupil should have brought home a box with a brief letter to explain the battery hunt. There is also a competition slip to fill in and return along with your batteries after the Easter break. Thank you.
Easter Lucky Square Draw
Thank you for all your support all 70 squares were sold, raising £70 for school improvements.
The winners are;
- £20 Griffins Head Voucher – Lewis Hawke
- Food Festival Tickets x 2 – Mrs Felix and Joe Bibby
- Easter Egg (Donated by Mrs Felix) – William Chatburn
- Thornton Hall Family Pass – Freya Brazendale
Pupil Easter Raffle
Thank you to Mr Holland, who through his contacts at Tesco, has managed to get the Easter eggs donated for today’s pupil raffle. All children received a smaller egg but the larger ones were raffled for 50p per ticket and we raised £19 from this. Thank you.
Please let us have your reply slip regarding interest in the school lottery as soon as possible. We hope to register for this after the Easter break. Thank you.
The final amount banked for Comic Relief was £61. Thank you.
Church Services over the Easter period.
- Palm Sunday (9 April) 9:30am Family Service at Altham
- 11 am Palm procession & Family service at All Saints
- Maundy Thursday (13 April) 7.30pm All Saints sung Holy Communion
- Good Friday (14 April) 10am All Saints Family Service 11.30am at the cross, Barnes Square Brief act of worship. 2pm Altham St James An hour by the cross, a service of quiet reflection
- Easter Eve ( 15 April) 9am All Saints Morning prayer 10-12 Arthur Wilson Centre Clayton le Moors Coffee morning with crafts
- Easter Day (16 April) 6am Mercer Park Ecumenical Sunrise service. 8am All Saints Holy Communion 9.30am Holy Communion at Altham 11am All Saints Holy Communion
- April 21 st – Juniors school swimming
- April 25 th – Bag to School collection
- May 22nd – School photographs