BLP – after the break is questioning.
After the break the menu will be week 2.
KS2 Play ‘The Ides of March’
On Wednesday 15th March our junior children will be performing the Ides of March. If anyone has any unwanted cream sheets which could be used for Togas or old cord/braiding that could be used to tie the Togas, we would be grateful if you could send them into school. Thank you.
Safety in the school yard before & after school.
Could we please ask that parents do not let their children play with balls or get any out of the storage box, either before or after school? Thank you.
We wish to consult you about the introduction of a tartan skirt or pinafore to our girls uniform. We have also asked if there is an option for a tartan tie. We have a sample of the tartan kilt in school if you would like to view it and pictures of the styles available.
We will be sending a letter home to gather your opinions after the break. Thank you.
Keeping Children Safe Online
We are now able to offer an adult course, free of charge to be held in school on Monday 27thMarch from 1:15-3:15pm. This course will take approximately 2 hours and we need a minimum of 8 parents to attend. Please let us know if you are able to attend. Thank you.
Just to give you some advanced notice, we will be doing another Bag2School collection after the Easter break on 25th April. Please save any unwanted clothes, paired shoes, hats, bags, belts, ties and soft toys. The collection bags should be arriving in school the week commencing 27 th March and we will send them home as soon as possible. Remember, we get paid by the weight so every little will help. Thank you.
Valentines Draw and Non Uniform Red day
Thank you to everyone who bought a square for the Valentine draw £70 was raised from this and the winners are
- Mrs Bellard (Walton Arms voucher)
- Mr Newby (Just Pink gift set)
- Mrs Chatburn (Fat Face Water Bottle gift set)
- Mrs Lunniss (Thornton Hall Family pass)
The wear it red day has raised £55. Thank you all for your support.
Ron Hill Accrington 10K & 1 mile fun run
We have received a letter from Hyndburn Borough Council regarding the above event which is on Sunday 5th March. For more information go to the link http://cannonballevents.co.uk/ron-hill-accrington-10k
Notices from church …………
There is no tea & toddlers this month. Open the Book morning of 23rd February and Angel Service after school on 23rd February
Altham Church Family Bingo Night
Church will be holding a family bingo night on Friday 24th February in the school hall, from 6:30pm. Tickets are available from the school office and are priced at £4 each or a family ticket of 2 adults and 2 children for £15. This includes bingo games and a pie & peas supper. (Pies will be a choice of meat and potato or cheese and onion).
- February 23rd – Angel Service after school, theme ‘Sacrifice/Lent’.
- February 24th – Family bingo night in the school hall from 6:30pm. Tickets £4 each or family ticket of 2 adults & 2 children £15. This includes bingo games and pie & peas supper. (see above)
- March 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd – Series of Lent Services starting in Church at 9am, please note children to go directly to church where a member of staff will be available to meet them from 8:50am.
- March 3rd – World Book Day – dress up as a character from your favourite book.
- March 13th – Parents meeting 3:30-6:00pm
- March 15th – KS2 ‘Ides of March’ play from 2pm.
- March 27th – Adult course ‘Keeping Children Safe Online’ to be held in school 1-3pm.
- March 30th – Easter Service and Open the Book in church at 9am