BLP – next week is perseverance.
Next week we will start on the new menus with week 3.
We believe there has been an outbreak of Norovirus in school this week. The bug is also known as ‘winter vomiting disease’. The illness starts with a sudden onset of severe and dramatic vomiting,
some people also develop diarrhoea. If your child develops symptoms, please keep at home until at least 24 hours after the last symptom.
The water fountain is not being used at the moment, please send in a bottle of water for your child if you wish them to have a drink in school.
Georges Marvellous Medicine Trip
This trip will take place next Wednesday 16th November for the whole school.The trip is being subsidised by School Fund and the Governors fund raising committee are paying for the coach. If you have not yet returned your permission slip and payment, please could you do so now? Thank you.
Children in Need
Next Friday is Children in Need Day, we are holding a spotacular non –uniform day! Please wear something spotty and send a donation. Thank you.
Tea & Toddlers
There will be no Tea & Toddlers next week as school will be closed on Wednesday afternoon.
Please ensure that if your child wishes to take part in the recorder groups, including the new group, they have their recorder in school on a Tuesday.
Scholastic Book Orders
Book club leaflets went out before the half term break, if there are any orders please return along with payment, by next Friday 18th November. Thank you.
Bag 2 School
Just a reminder that our bag to school collection will be on Monday 21st November, all bags need to be by the main door outside school for 9am. Please note, if you fill your bag and need another, a black bin bag is fine.
School will receive a payment for the weight of the items donated, last time we received £112 for school funds.
Church Christmas Fair
Whilst you are clearing out your wardrobes and cupboards please bare in mind that the church will be holding its annual Christmas Fair on Saturday 19th November. They are accepting donations for raffle/tombola prizes; there will be a toy stall, jewellery stall and a good as new stall. Donations of any good quality saleable items can be brought to the school office as soon as possible and Mrs Kenyon will pass them on to church. Thank you.
Swinton Insurance Colouring Competition
If you would like us to return any Swinton colouring competitions, please ensure they arre back in school by 16th November, otherwise please return the sheet directly to Swinton in Accrington. Thank you.
Dates for your diary ……………….
- Wednesday 16th November – Whole school trip to see Georges Marvelous Medicine.
- Friday 18th November – Children in Need
- Saturday 19th November – Church Christmas Fair (Arthur Wilson Centre, Clayton le Moors)
- Monday 21st November – Bag2School collection. (Bags have been sent home, please ask in office ifyou need more)
- Saturday 10th December – Parish tree lighting – school choir will be singing more info to follow.
- Thursday 15th December – Churches Together Carol Concert to be held at St Marys Church in Clayton le Moors, letters have gone home this week to the junior children, if you have not received one please see Mrs Kenyon..
- Friday 16th December – School Christmas Dinner Day and Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day.
- Monday & Tuesday 19th & 20th December – Christmas play over 2 afternoons to accommodate comfortably the large numbers of people who want to attend.
- Wednesday 21st December – Breakfast with Santa 8:15am more details to follow later. Christmas party and early closure at 1:30pm.