Next week BLP is meta-learning.
Next week will be week 3 on your menu choices although choices may vary due to the cook using up ingredients prior to the holidays.
There will be a new Autumn/Winter menu which will start on Monday 14th November. If your child regularly has a school meal they should have brought home a new menu sheet. Please complete their menu choices on the sheet and return it before the half term break. Also the jacket potato option will only be available for 2 out of the 5 days. Thank you.
Non Uniform Day
We will be holding a non uniform day next Friday 28 th October. Please send a £1 per family donation;
this will be going to support the Mayor’s charity which is NW Air Ambulance. Thank you for your
Georges Marvellous Medicine Trip
This trip will take place on Wednesday 16th November for the whole school.The trip is being subsidised by School Fund and the Governors fund raising committee are paying for the coach.
Letters were sent home last week, if you have not received one please contact the school office.
KS2 Spice Lounge trip
In conjunction with their Indian topic, the junior children visited The Spice Lounge in Rishton on Wednesday. Some of the children (and Mrs Bellard) were dressed in traditional Indian clothes, they got to roll out chapatis, then watch them being cooked. We thank Mak and his family for opening the restaurant especially for us and for making us the taster Indian foods which were very much appreciated and enjoyed!
British Legion Poppy Appeal
As in previous years, we will be supporting this charity and selling poppies when we return after the half term break. We have also been given a school box which contains 3 types of bracelets snap bands, friendship bracelets and silicone wristbands, these will be on sale for £1 each. There are also some poppy zip tags for 50p each. These items will be on sale from next week and may be worn in school up to and including 11th November. Thank you.
Our new school council have been elected this week, they are: Harriet Burfield, Dylan Calvert, Jericho Groves, Ruby Ann Hope, Kiera Mae Jameson and Ciara Ormonde.
Bag 2 School
Just in time for the half term break, we are sending your child home with a bag for your unwanted items of clothing, paired shoes, hats, belts, handbags, ties and soft toys. Collection date is Monday 21st November, all bags need to by the main door outside school for 9am. School will receive a payment for the weight of the items donated, last time we received £112 for school funds.
Church Christmas Fair
Whilst you are clearing out your wardrobes and cupboards please bare in mind that the church will be holding its annual Christmas Fair on Saturday 19th November. They are accepting donations for raffle/tombola prizes; there will be a toy stall, jewellery stall and a good as new stall. Donations of any good quality saleable goods can be brought to the school office as soon as possible and Mrs Kenyon will pass them on to church. Thank you.
All Age Worship
The Church held its first all age worship service after school yesterday. What a fantastic turnout, I know they were very pleased with all your support. The next service will be held in January and we will give you the date nearer the time.
Dates for your diary ……………….
- Monday 24th October – Parents evening 3:30 -6:00 pm.
- Wednesday 16th November – Whole school trip to see Georges Marvelous Medicine.
- Saturday 19th November – Church Christamas Fair (Arthur Wilson Centre, Clayton le Moors)
- Monday 21st November – Bag2School collection. (Bags will be given out before October half term)
- Saturday 10th December – Parish tree lighting – school choir will be singing more info to follow.
- Thursday 15th December – Churches Together Carol Concert to be held at St Marys Church in Clayton le Moors, more information to follow.
- Friday 16th December – School Christmas Dinner Day and Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day.
- Monday & Tuesday 19th & 20th December – Christmas play over 2 afternoons to accommodate comfortably the large numbers of people who want to attend.
- Wednesday 21st December – Christmas party and early closure at 1:30pm.