Building Learning Power (BLP)
Next week the word of the week will be interdependence.
Next week we will be on week 1 on the menu sheets
Tuesdays in Lent
Next Tuesday will be the final Tuesday we meet in school for our Lent Services. There will be a member of staff at the church gates to meet the children and supervise them from 8.50am. Please do not deliver your children to school as there will be no one there on Tuesdays. After the brief service, we will walk the children back to school for normal lessons. You are more than welcome to attend these services, and the church is kindly offering tea, coffee and biscuits after the children have left to any parents who attend.
We have been advised that the next collection for the batteries will be between 1 st and 24th March. Please make sure you send in any batteries for recycling as soon as possible.
As we are almost at financial year end, please ensure any outstanding dinner money is paid as soon as possbible. Thank you.
Easter Fun Day
Thursday 24th March will be our ‘Easter Fun Day’ starting at 8:15am with the Easter breakfast £3;
during the day there will be an Easter egg hunt and an Easter hat competition. We will finish off with the church service at 2:15pm. There will also be a special Easter lunch that day of roast chicken or vegetable casserole both served with roast potatoes and vegetables, there is no jacket potato option on this day. If you pay for your childs meals it will be £2.20. Thank you.
- Sport Relief next Friday 18th March, children to come in sportwear, we will be doing simple
sports activities in school and ask for a donation to Sport Relief of £1 per family.
- Parent’s meeting 21st March 3:30-6:30, see slip below.
- Wednesday 23 rd March 2pm junior shortened production of Oliver.
- Easter breakfast Thursday 24 th March, leaflets have gone home.
- Easter hat competition Thursday 24th March. Children to bring their completed hats to school
on the day.
- Thursday 24th March 2:15- Easter service in church (family and friends welcome). Children to
picked up from church.
- Swimming for the juniors will start on Friday 15 th April.
- In the Summer term we will be holding a Mad Hatters Tea Party to raise funds for the British
- Heart Foundation, this replaces the coffee and cake afternoon that has been held for the last
couple of years. The date will be confirmed nearer the time
- On Monday 11th April there will be NO jacket potato option on the school dinner.
- There will be no after school guitar lessons on Monday 11th and Monday 18th April.
Important plea from church
This year our village church will need a new roof over the nave of the building. The total cost of this is in the region of £88000, the church have successfully applied for a grant to cover half of this cost and now need to fund raise to find the remaining £44000!
One of the ways is to Sponsor a Tile for £20. If you feel you can help please ask in the school office for a leaflet. Thank you.