Building Learning Power (BLP)
After the break the word of the week will be ‘managing distractions’.
After the break we will be on week 1 on the menu sheets
Bag 2 School
On 25th February our school council are holding a blue bag collection. You should receive a letter and a bag with this newsletter. Please have a tidy out in the break and fill your bag with unwanted clothes/shoes/ toys/teddies. No metal, ceramic or sharp items please. A van will be outside school on the day of the collection to weigh any bags brought. We will then be given a cheque dependant on the weight. Thank you.
Tuesdays in Lent
After the half term break, each Tuesday, school will meet at church for our series of Lent Services. There will be a member of staff at the church gates to meet the children and supervise them from 8.50am. Please do not deliver your children to school as there will be no one there on Tuesdays. After the brief service, we will walk the children back to school for normal lessons. You are more than welcome to attend these services, and the church is kindly offering tea, coffee and biscuits after the children have left to any parents who attend.
There will be different arrangements for the week commencing 21st March but this will be confimred nearer the time. Thank you.
The Governors Fundraising Committee
Thank you to everyone who has supported the Valentine square and the wear red day, we have rasied approx £70 for the squares and £50 for non uniform. The winning squares were numbers 20/66/16/74/36/53 all prizes have been claimed. Thank you
Hit The Target Sponsor Forms
This event has taken place today. Please return your sponsor forms as soon as possible if you have not yet done so. Thank you.
Student Support Leaflets
Thank you for your reply slips, we have hit the target for the bonus and should be receiveing some maths resources for school soon.
- There will be no after school clubs on Monday 22nd February, this is due to school improvement work being done. Thank you.
- There will be a football match on Wednesday 24th February, away at Oakhill in Whalley. If your child has been selected for the school team you should have received a letter this week. No after school football here that night.
- On Thursday 25th February, the Open the Book team will be doing ‘coffee on the car park’ for parents. After this you are very welcome to come into school and watch their performance in the assembly, it usually finishes just after 9:30am.
- World Book Day is Thursday March 3rd, we will be dressing up as our favourite book character on this day.
- Parent’s meeting 21st March 3:30-6:30.