Well done to every child involved in tests – you have all done your best and that’s all we wanted. You should be proud!
Staff Changes in September – Retirements
I would like to let you know that there will be significant staff changes from September.
Firstly Mrs Biddle has given me notice that she wishes to retire at the end of this term, after many years working as a Teaching Assistant here.
And, secondly, after 38 years of teaching, 20 at this school, I have also decided that it is time to change direction, so I am letting you know of my retirement as headteacher at the end of the Summer Term. The Governors were informed of Mrs Biddle’s and my decisions earlier this week and the process to find both short term cover for my role, and a permanent replacement headteacher has begun. I am sure that the Governors will work hard to find the right person for the job, with guidance from the local authority and the diocese. I am also sure that there will be time for goodbyes later in the term.
- Junior Trip – You should have received a letter earlier this week regarding the full day trip to the Global Renewables Recycling Centre on Wednesday next week. Please ensure you have returned your permission slip.
- Half Term – School closes at 3.25 on Friday 22nd May for half term.
- Our Building Learning Power word next week will be Absorption
- Next Friday 22nd May, the school where our meals are prepared will be closed. Our cook, Mrs Cooper, will be making the meals here but as we have limited facilities there will be no jacket potato option.
- Uniform – please ensure your child has brought home their own uniform. At least one uniform top, clearly marked with the child’s name has disappeared – please check that your child hasn’t got someone else’s by mistake.