School meals – next week 2 from the new menu.
REMINDER – wherever possible can all junior pupils order school lunches the day before they are
needed? Thank you.
BLP for next week – Are you a collaborative learner? Collaboration – Working with others, respecting others opinions and manage your feelings to work well as part of a team, e.g. Christmas productions & choir.
CHILDREN IN NEED – Thank you for all your donations today, we have raised £139.00.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS – Currently runs from 3:25 – 5:15, Monday-Thursday: if the need arises we will look at running it again on a Friday. Payment is broken into 4 sessions with each session costing £2.
Reminder – Breakfast Club opens at 8am the cost from this time is £3, if children from 8:30 onwards the cost is £1.50 but no breakfast is included. These paid clubs are open to all pupils. Please note we are now registered with Kiddivouchers to take the childcare vouchers, please let us know if you are part of this scheme or any others and would like us to register with them.
UNIFORM – website for ordering all uniform is www.uniformityschools.com
Scholastic Book Club Leaflets (November) – have been sent home; please return any orders along with payment by Wednesday 20th November. Thank you
OUR SCHOOL LOTTERY – Last week’s winner Mr. W.&
Did you know that for just £4.34 per month (direct debit) you have a chance of winning £25000 every week? If you join this term, there is a chance to win a family ticket to Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio Tour.
Our lottery has a weekly school prize of approximately £20 (dependant on number of supporters) and the chance to win a national prize of £25000.
If you have not yet bought your ticket, or your debit card payment has finished, the link to register is
Our school lottery is open to everyone so please encourage your family and friends to join. This has been a fantastic fundraiser for our school and since the launch has raised £3259.
CHRISTMAS DINNER – our traditional Christmas lunch will be on Friday 13th December. Infant children will not need to pay as part of the infant free meal scheme, the cost for Juniors is £2.30. We would really like all children to stay for this meal, and packed lunch will not be needed that day.
Please advise us if your child will require a vegetarian option or if your child will still be bringing a packed lunch on that day, by next Wednesday 20th November. Thank you
Talking about Christmas … we would like to invite you to join us after school on Thursday 5th December from 3:30-4:30pm for a drink and a mince pie. The children will have lanterns and we will sing carols and Christmas songs around the Christmas tree. It would be lovely if you could join us.
Message from Mrs Bellard – The children in KS2 are working on a project called Lancashire Sparks, looking at the heritage of clogs, cotton mills, songs etc.
On Saturday 7th December from 11-3:30, Helmshore Textile Museum are having an Open Day, the entry fee is £3. There will be dancing, hoopla hooping, Christmas stalls and an opportunity to see the cotton machines working, as well as a ukulele band and a violinist.
This would be a nice pre-Christmas family trip.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Saturday 23rd Novemeber – Church Christmas Café (Choir will be singing) more info to follow.
- Friday 29th November – Reception pupils – vision screening.
- Thursday 5th December 3.30-4.30 – Carols around the Christmas tree (more information to follow)
- Friday 6th December – Whole school panto trip – Sleeping Beauty Oswaldtwistle Civic Theatre.
- Tuesday 10th December – ChurchesTogether Carol Service 6pm All Saints Church.
- Friday 13th December – Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day & School Christmas Dinner
- Week commencing 16th December – no after school sports clubs
- Tuesday 17th December – Infant play 1:30-2pm, Junior play 2:15-3:15pm
- Wednesday 18th December – Infant play 9:30-10am , Junior play 10:15-11:15am
- Friday 20th December – Christmas party and early closure at 1:30pm
- (school reopens Mon 6th Jan 2020)