School meals – next week 1
REMINDER – wherever possible can all junior pupils order school lunches the day before they are
needed? Thank you.
BLP for next week – Are you a resilient learner? Perseverance – keep going even when you are stuck and tolerate any feelings of frustration you may have.
British Legion Poppy Appeal As in previous years, we are supporting this charity and selling poppies. We have been given a number of the metal, special 75 year anniversary, badges, which are available at £3 each and a school box which contains reflectors and zip pulls 50p each, wristbands £1 each and snap bands which this year are £1.50 each. We also have some knitted poppies available for £1 each, which will also go to the British Legion. All these items are on sale now and may be worn in school up to and including 11th November. Thank you.
CHILDREN IN NEED – Next Friday is Children in Need day. We will be holding a non- uniform day with donations going to this worthy cause. Please wear own clothes or something spotty and do not go to any expense buying something especially for this. Thank you.
MAKE-UP & NAIL VARNISH – It has been noticed that some of the girls are coming in wearing make up & nail varnish Please note this is not allowed. We would be grateful if you could ensure your child isn’t wearing makeup or nail varnish to school. Thank you.
UNIFORM – website for ordering all uniform is www.uniformityschools.com
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS – Currently runs from 3:25 – 5:15, Monday-Thursday: if the need arises we will look at running it again on a Friday. Payment is broken into 4 sessions with each session costing £2.
SCHOOL VISITORS – Thank you to Mr Barnes & Mr Andrews who came into school yesterday to sing folk songs to our infant children.
OUR SCHOOL LOTTERY – Last week’s winner Mrs. E.&
Did you know that for just £4.34 per month (direct debit) you have a chance of winning £25000 every week?
Our lottery has a weekly school prize of approximately £20 (dependant on number of supporters) and the chance to win a national prize of £25000.
If you have not yet bought your ticket, or your debit card payment has finished, the link to register is http://www.yourschoollottery.co.uk/lottery/school/altham-st-james-c-of-e-primary-school. Our school lottery is open to everyone so please encourage your family and friends to join. This has been a fantastic fundraiser for our school and since the launch has raised £3209.
DANCE SHOWCASE – Please note, the children who attend after school dance club will be putting on a brief showcase on Monday 11th November at 4:20 for any parents who would like to see what they have learnt so far. Thank you.
NASAL FLU IMMUNISATIONS – will take place on Tuesday afternoon. The link to register has now closed if you have any queries please contact 0333 358 3397.
Scholastic Book Club Leaflets (November) – have been sent home this week; please return any orders along with payment by Wednesday 20 th November. Thank you
Church Family Bingo Night – This will be held in the school hall on Friday 15th November from 6:30pm. The cost is £5 per adult and £3 per child. There will be 6 games of bingo and a pie & pea supper. Tea, coffee & soft drinks are provided but feel free to bring your own drinks. We will need to know numbers by MONDAY and the choice of pie, either meat & potato or cheese and onion. Thank you.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Monday 11th November – After school dance showcase for parents 4:20pm.
- Tuesday 12th November –Nasal flu immunisations.
- Thursday 14th November – 3:30-4:30pm Angel Service in the school hall, all children to be accompanied by an adult.
- Friday 15th November – Children In Need Day – Please wear own clothes or something spotty and send a donation for Children in Need. Please do not go to any expense buying something especially for this.
- Friday 15th November – Family Bingo night organised by church PCC, more info to follow.
- Saturday 23rd Novemeber – Church Christmas Café (Choir will be singing) more info to follow.
- Friday 29th November – Reception pupils – vision screening.
- Thursday 5th December 3.30-4.30 – Carols around the Christmas tree (more information to follow)
- Friday 6th December – Whole school panto trip – Sleeping Beauty Oswaldtwistle Civic Theatre.
- Tuesday 10th December – ChurchesTogether Carol Service 6pm All Saints Church.
- Friday 13th December – Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day & School Christmas Dinner
- Week commencing 16th December – no after school sports clubs
- Tuesday 17th December – Infant play 1:30-2pm, Junior play 2:15-3:15pm
- Wednesday 18th December – Infant play 9:30-10am , Junior play 10:15-11:15am
- Friday 20th December – Christmas party and early closure at 1:30pm
- (school reopens Mon 6th Jan 2020)