School meals – next week 3
Reminder – If you pay for school lunches, the cost will increase to £2.30 per day or £11.50 per week after the half term break.
BLP for next week – Are you a reflective learner?
Revising – changing your plans when you have a better idea, e.g. editing your work.
British Legion Poppy Appeal As in previous years, we are supporting this charity and selling poppies.
We have been given a number of the metal, special 75 year anniversary, badges, which are available at £3 each and a school box which contains reflectors and zip pulls 50p each, wristbands £1 each and snap
bands which this year are £1.50 each. We also have some knitted poppies avalable for £1 each, which will also go to the British Legion. All these items are on sale now and may be worn in school up to and including 11th November. Thank you.
British Legion Poppy Appeal – As in previous years, we will be supporting this charity and selling poppies when we return after the half term break.
We have been given a number of the metal, special 75 year anniversary, badges, which are available at £3 each and a school box which contains reflectors and zip pulls 50p each, wristbands £1 each and snap bands which this year are £1.50 each. These items will still be on sale after the half term break and may be worn in school up to and including 11th November. Thank you.
Bag2School – Thank you for all the bags; this week we have received a cheque for £66.
UNIFORM – website for ordering all uniform is www.uniformityschools.com
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS – Currently runs from 3:25 – 5:15, Monday-Thursday: if the need arises we will look at running it again on a Friday. Payment is broken into 4 sessions with each session costing £2.
Reminder – Breakfast Club opens at 8am the cost from this time is £3, if children from 8:30 onwards the cost is £1.50 but no breakfast is included. These paid clubs are open to all pupils.
Please note we are now registered with Kiddivouchers to take the childcare vouchers, please let us know if you are part of this scheme or any others and would like us to register with them.
OUR SCHOOL LOTTERY – Winners over the break Mrs. W & Ms. O’L.
Did you know that for just £4.34 per month (direct debit) you have a chance of winning £25000 every week?
Our lottery has a weekly school prize of approximately £20 (dependant on number of supporters) and the chance to win a national prize of £25000.
If you have not yet bought your ticket, or your debit card payment has finished, the link to register is http://www.yourschoollottery.co.uk/lottery/school/altham-st-james-c-of-e-primary-school
Our school lottery is open to everyone so please encourage your family and friends to join. This has been a fantastic fundraiser for our school and since the launch has raised £3209.
NASAL FLU IMMUNISATIONS – The link to register has now closed if you have any queries please contact 0333 358 3397.
Church Family Bingo Night – This will be held in the school hall on Friday 15th November from 6:30pm.
The cost is £5 per adult and £3 per child. There will be 6 games of bingo and a pie & pea supper. Tea, coffee & soft drinks are provided but feel free to bring your own drinks. We will need to know numbers as soon as possible and the choice of pie, either meat & potato or cheese and onion. Thank you.
Fire Safety Talks – Year 2 & Year 6 have had their safety talks this week. The firefighter has left us a phone number for families to phone for a free home fire safety check. If this is of interest to you please call Freephone 0800 169 1125 or visit www.lancsfirerescue.org.uk.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Monday 11th November – After school dance showcase for parents 4:20pm.
- Tuesday 12th November –Nasal flu immunisations.
- Thursday 14th November – 3:30-4:30pm Angel Service in the school hall, all children to be accompanied by an adult.
- Friday 15th November – Children In Need Day – Please wear own clothes or something spotty and send
a donation for Children in Need. Please do not go to any expense buying something especially for this.
- Friday 15th November – Family Bingo night organised by church PCC, more info to follow.
- Saturday 23rd Novemeber – Church Christmas Café (Choir will be singing) more info to follow.
- Friday 29th November – Reception pupils – vision screening.
- Friday 6th December – Whole school panto trip – Sleeping Beauty Oswaldtwistle Civic Theatre.
- Tuesday 10th December – ChurchesTogether Carol Service 6pm All Saints Church.
- Friday 13th December – Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day & School Christmas Dinner
- Week commencing 16th December – no after school sports clubs
- Tuesday 17th December – Infant play 1:30-2pm, Junior play 2:15-3:15pm
- Wednesday 18th December – Infant play 9:30-10am , Junior play 10:15-11:15am
- Friday 20th December – Christmas party and early closure at 1:30pm
- (school reopens Mon 6th Jan 2020)