BLP – Absorption.
School meals – will be week 3.
After School Club
Currently runs from 3:25 – 5:15, Monday to Thursday; if the need arises we would look at running it again on a Friday.
Payment is broken into 4 sessions with each session costing £2.
Payment for all school clubs is required in advance or at the latest on the day (preferably in a named envelope). Envelopes are still available in the school office priced £1 for 50. Thank you.
Our School Lottery
Last week’s winner was another Mrs T!
Our number of ticket sales has dropped slightly. If you have not yet bought your ticket, or your debit card payment has finished, the link to register is http://www.yourschoollottery.co.uk/lottery/school/altham-st-james-c-of-e-primary-school
If you register this term there is chance to win a Fitbit. The lottery is open to everyone so please encourage your family and friends to join. This has been a fantastic fundraiser for our school and since it started in June 2017 has raised £2134.00.
We will be holding a Valentines disco on Thursday 14th February from 3:30-5:00pm, the cost will be £3 each, which will include a hot dog and a drink; there will also be face painting and a sweet stall at the disco for 50p each.
This day will also be a non-uniform day and the forfeit for this will be chocolate or sweets to be used as prizes at the disco. Please complete & return the slip at the end of the newsletter. Thank you.
Lucy is a little girl from Great Harwood. The school council want to help support the fundraising to send her to Michigan for treatment. Fundraising wristbands will be on sale in school soon (we will let you know when these arrive) and we are also going to run some small fund raising activities.
The school council are busy designing posters and more information will follow soon.
To find out more about this please have a look at this link https://m.facebook.com/lucysmission/
Friends of St James 100 Club
Reminder if anyone would like to take part in the church 100 club, we have the application forms in school. Thank you
Church Family Bingo Night
Church are organising a family bingo night on Friday 8 th February, in the school hall from 7pm. Ticket price is £5 per adult and £3 per child, this includes 6 games of bingo, tea, cofee and soft drinks and pie & pea supper (although you are welcome to bring your own alcholoic drinks). Numbers are limited to 50 so please let us know as soon as possible if you would like tickets and your choice of pie either cheese & onion or meat & potato. Thank you
February Half Term Sports & Crafts Club
Damian Sweeney, who provides our sports clubs, will again be running a holiday club at Mount Pleasant. The booking form is available from the school office, places will be limited so please book as soon as possible. The contact details are on the form. Thank you
re-child eating habits and food in the family home.
We have been approached by researchers at Leeds University to ask if you would be kind enough to complete the questionnaire at the following link https://leeds.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/food-in-the-family-home-2018
Dates for your diary!
- Tuesday 5th February – Chinese New Year Special meal – £2.20 junior children, infants free.
- Thursday 7th February – Angel Service after school
- Friday February 8th – Church family Bingo night (see above)
- Thursday 14th February – School disco 3:30-5pm.
- Friday 15th February – School closes for Feb half term break.
- Monday February 25th – School reopens
- Thursday 28th February – Open the Book assembly.
- Thursday 7th March – Lent service (Ash Wednesday) Children to go straight to church.
- Thursday 14th March – Lent Service – children to go straight to church
- Thursday 21st March – Lent Service – children to go straight to church.
- Thursday 28th March – Lent Service – children to go straight to church.
- Monday 1st April – Parents Evening 3:30-6pm. (Appointment slips will be sent nearer the time).
- Thursday 4th April – Open the Book Assembly– to be held in church.
- Friday 5th April – School closes for Easter break.